Case Study: Deceased Estate
WA Transition were contracted by our client, the executor, to manage the clearance and make good of an estate. The aim of the project was to lease out the premises through a property management agency.
The house had not been lived in for over 12 months so care had to be taken and the relevant safety equipment had to be utilised to ensure a safe removal of items.
- 2.5 tonne of waste and junk were removed.
- 1 tonne of items were relocated to charities and not for profits.
- Numerous items were sent to auction as advised by WA Transition. This fetched $1800 back for the estate.
- The clearance was completed in 1 full day, including the delivery to charities.
In order to get this property leasable, we had to first perform a full property condition report which determined the full extent of the works required. This allowed WA Transition to produce a scope of works document.
All documentation is uploaded to a live client file in which the client has full access. This meant that the client did not have to visit the premises as the project could be tracked online.
The client agreed to the scope of works and the project begun. Our teams were brought into quote and provide suggestions. The client approved the quotations online and the work was then scheduled and actioned.
Work was completed in three weeks and included:
- Full internal painting + external eaves.
- New carpets throughout.
- New compliant blinds throughout.
- Plumbing works for compliance.
- Electrical works for compliance + fire detectors.
- New doors internally.
- Full floor tile grout clean.
- New window locks and locks throughout.
- Deep internal clean for lease.
- Full garden clean and tidy for lease.
The property manger (organised by WA Transition) was handed the completed property and was subsequently leased out 2 days later.